Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to be a member to participate in legion activities and events ?

NO. We are open to the public for just about everything.  There are a few things we do ask you to show your current membership card in order to participate.

What are the activities that non-members cannot participate in?

Daily and Weekly Drawings, King of Diamonds, Gaming Machines, ordering alcohol from the bar in the lounge and the Shift Shake.

What is the cost of your membership dues per year?

Legionnaire  $55
Sons of the American Legion  $30
Auxiliary  $45
Legion Riders  $20

What is a "Legionnaire" member?

A United States military Veteran who has served honorably in any war or conflict, WW2 and thereafter, or currently serving the United States military who has a current paid membership card.  See "Legion Membership" page for more details.

What is a "Sons of the American Legion" (S.A.L.)member?

S.A.L. members include males of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the U.S. military and were eligible for American Legion membership.  For more information on becoming a S.A.L member click here.

What is an "Auxiliary" member?

We are the male and female spouses, grandmothers, mothers, sisters, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion. Some of us are veterans ourselves.  However, if the qualifying Veteran is deceased you may join the appropriate organization, even if the qualifying Veteran was not a member of The American Legion when living. For more information on membership requirements click here.

What is a "Legion Rider"?

Any Legion member of current standing who rides a motorcycle.  Not all Legion Rider members rides a motorcycle to belong to this organization.  For more information on becoming a Legion Rider click  here.

What is the "Honor Guard" and how can I participate?

The Honor Guard is a military action performed during a military funeral, Celebration of Life or memorial service.  First, you need to be a member in good standing.  Second, you must ask the member in charge of the Honor Guard if there are any positions open.

Do I need to show my DD214 to become a member?

YES. You will need to provide a copy of your United States Military DD2214 or a similar "Honorable certificate awarded" along with your application and dues payment.

What is a DD214?

The United States Military personnel "in good standing" discharge papers or "honorable" discharge papers.

Can I order drinks at the bar if I am not a member?

Yes, but, if you come in without a member,  you must ask the bartender for someone to sponsor you to buy alcoholic drinks and you must sign the "guest book".
If you come in with a member, the member must order and pay for your alcoholic drinks.
If you are ordering non-alcoholic drinks, you may buy them yourself anytime.  We ask that you sign our "guest book" too.
If you are in the Banquet Hall during an event, any non-member may order alcoholic and
non-alcoholic drinks from the bar.

Do I need to be a member to order food?

NO. Our kitchen is always open the public.  We also offer "take out" items.  Please see the "menu" page for more information about our kitchen.